Thinstuff XP/VS Terminal Server Standard for Windows
Turn any Windows system into a full-blown Remote Desktop Server!
XP/VS Server is a cost effective multi-user Remote Desktop access solution for Windows using the standard Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP).
Installing XP/VS Server allows an unlimited number of users to remotely access all their Windows Desktops and Applications simultaneously.
Because compatible Remote Desktop Connection client software is already preinstalled on most devices and operating systems, seamless integration into existing networks without any hardware or software changes is assured.
XP/VS Server is suitable for small and medium enterprises and offers premium support services.
Cost savings in your IT infrastructure
Deployment of Thinstuff´s XP/VS Terminal Server enables cost savings in licensing, hardware, service and support:
- A big cost saving potential in licensing because XP/VS Server is very cost effective compared to most other Server Based Computing (SBC) solutions and even more cost effective compared with traditional client/server installations
- A big cost saving potential on hardware because you can use cost effective Thin Clients instead of full Windows PCs on the client side
- A big cost saving potential in service and support because you can centralise application and user management on the server side instead of maintaining many individual client PCs
- Remote Control - Mirroring of Remote Desktop sessions for support purposes (not supported in Windows 8/Server 2012; limited available since Windows 8.1)
- Starting single applications instead of a full Windows Desktop in Remote Desktop sessions (not seamless)
- Access to server devices and resources in Remote Desktop sessions
- Following client devices and resources can be used inside of Remote Desktop sessions: printers, clipboard, smart cards, ports (COM, LPT), drives*
- Remote audio from server to client in Remote Desktop sessions (audio downstream)*
- Audio recording from client to server in Remote Desktop sessions (audio upstream)**
- Windows Media Player redirection from server to client in Remote Desktop sessions**
- TS Easy Print (Client side printer driver support) - With TS Easy Print no printer drivers have to be installed on the server**
- TS RemoteApp (Seamless Windows): - Same as TSX RemoteApp but does not work if XP/VS Server is installed on Windows XP, Vista or Server 2003
- True Multimonitor support Applications behave in RDP sessions spanning over multiple monitors the same as locally (maximize over just 1 monitor etc.)**
- Aero Glass Remoting Support of 3D effects and transparency over RDP (not on Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic - only works on certain operating systems.
Aero Glass Remoting FAQ
- Enhanced Application Compatibility - Compatibility mode for legacy applications which are not Terminal Server capable
- Domain authentication of Remote Desktop users - (The XP/VS Server system must be member of a Windows Server Domain - does not work on Windows Home Editions)
- TSX RemoteApp (Seamless Windows) - Allows publishing of single applications seamlessly instead of publishing a complete desktop session. Applications published with TSXRemoteApp appear on the client desktop as if they were localWorks on all operating systems including Windows XP, Vista and Server 2003 (not supported in Windows 8/8.1/10 and Server 2012 (R2)/2016/2019)(requires TSX Remote Desktop Connection client on the client system)
- TSX Session Broker (Load Balancing) - Based on server load values incoming RDP sessions are automatically assigned to individual servers in multiple server environments(The XP/VS Server system must be member of a Windows Server Domain - does not work on Windows Home editions, Windows 8/8.1./10/ Windows Server 2012 (R2)/2016/2019)
Supported Server Operating Systems
x86 (32-Bit) and x64 (64-Bit)
- Windows XP - All versions including XP Home
- Windows Vista - All versions including Vista Home Basic and Home Premium
- Windows 7, 8,8.1,10 - All versions including Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic and Home Premium / Windows 8/8.1/10 Home (Standard), Professional and Enterprise
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2008 R2/2012/2012 R2/2016/2019 -All versions including Small Business Server (also 2011), Web Server and Foundation Server (without the Terminal Services / Remote Desktop Services Role), Windows Server 2012 (R2) /2016 / 2019 - all versions, also Essentials and Foundation